Star Connection (Wye connection)
- The star or Wyc connection of the three alternator windings is shown in Fig. I(a). This configuration is obtained by connecting one and of the three phase windings together.
- We can connect either R Y B or R’ Y’ B’ together, This common point is called as the Neutral point and it is denoted by N.
- The remaining three ends of the windings arc brought out for the external connections. These ends arc denoted by R-Y-B as shown in Fig. 1(b).
- The delta or mesh connection of the three alternator windings is shown in Fig. 2.
- The delta or mesh configuration is obtained by connecting one end of winding to the starting end of the other winding such that it produces a closed loop as shown in Fig. 2.
A.C. CIRCUITS TOPIC
- Introduction Of AC Circuits In Electrical Engineering
- How emf is induced in single phase system ? single phase generation .
- Explain what is ac quantity : and Advantages of AC over DC in circuits
- What is waveform, amplitude, cycle, time-period, phase & phase difference
- Define RMS & average value as applied to A.C. voltage & current
- What is form factor? crest factor? peak factor? & power factor? in ac circuits
- what is phasor diagram, phasor algebra, leading & lagging ac quantities
- Phasor representation of alternating quantities – resistive, inductive, capacitive
- What is R-L-C series connection for A.C. circuit ? Explanation
- What is series combination of R-L circuit ? Explanation
- Define what is active power, reactive power, apparent power & power factor
- Explain what is series combination of R-C circuit in electrical engineering
- What is simple parallel AC circuits ? Explanation -electrical engineering
- Resonance as applicable to simple RLC series circuit? effect on circuit performance
- Explain three phase generation of voltage ? electrical engineering
- Explain in detail about what is star and delta three phase system ?
- Relation between phase voltage & line voltage in case of balanced star connected load
- relationship between line current & phase current for delta connected 3 load
- Relation between power consumed in a balanced star & delta connection
Thank for Visiting www.electricaltpoint.com for more electrical and other related posts be with us.