Series Magnetic Circuit
In a series magnetic circuit, flux is same in all parts of the circuit. Figure shows a composite magnetic circuit consisting of two different magnetic materials of different permeabilities and one air gap. The dimensions are as shown. Magnitude of flux in all parts of this ring including air gap is same. Therefore, this circuit can be called as series magnetic circuit.
The above expression represents the total mmf required by the above magnetic circuit to produce the flux 4. This mmf should be provided by the current carrying coil. It will be N.I ampere-turns. where, N number of turns of the coil and I is the current flowing in it.
The Next important topic from Magnetic Circuits of basic Electrical Engineering is :
MAGNETIC CIRCUITS TOPICS
- Introduction Of Magnetic Circuits In Electrical Engineering
- Explanation Of Terms Related To Magnetic Circuits In Electrical B.Tech.
- What is kirchhoff’s laws ? for magnetic circuit & How relate to electric circuit
- Compare Electric And Magnetic Circuit : Similarities & Dissimilarities
- Explain The Series Magnetic Circuit ? OR Composite Magnetic Circuits ?
- Kirchhoff’s laws for Magnetic Circuits : flux Law (KFL) & magnetomotive force Law (KML)
- what is Leakage Flux And Fringing in Magnetic Circuits
- B-H Curve Phenomena Of Magnetic Hysteresis With Effect And Loss