Introduction of AC circuits
A current (or voltage) is called alternating if it periodically changes its direction and magnitude whereas direct currents are steady and in one direction. An alternating current is a periodically varying current, the average value of which, over a period, is zero. At present a large percentage of the electrical energy (nearly all) being used for domestic and commercial purpose is generated as alternating current. In fact, almost the whole of the vast amount of electrical energy used throughout the world for every purpose is generated by alternating current generators. In some power applications, the ac motor is unsatisfactory such as for metal rolling mills, paper making machines, high speed gearless elevators, automatic machine tools and high-speed printing presses. Direct current required for these applications is now-a-days derived from an ac supply by the use of suitable convertors or rectifiers. For lighting and heating DC and AC are equally useful in ac circuits in electrical engineering .
AC circuits because the identify (Alternating Current) implies are simply circuits powered by an Alternating Supply, both voltage or current. An Alternating Current or ( Voltage) , is one by which the value of both the voltage or the current varies a couple of explicit imply value and reverses route periodically.
Most modern day family and industrial Home equipment and programs are powered utilizing alternating current. All DC based mostly plugged in home equipment and rechargeable battery based mostly gadgets technically run on Alternating current as all of them use some form of DC energy derived from AC for both charging of their batteries or powering of the system. Thus Alternating current is the shape by way of which energy is delivered on the mains.
AC circuits in electrical engineering the Alternating circuit got here into being within the 1980s when Tesla determined to resolve the lengthy vary incapability of the Thomas Edison’s DC generators. He sought a approach of transferring electricity at a excessive voltage after which make use of using transformers to step it both up or down as could also be wanted for distribution and was thus in a position to decrease energy loss throughout a fantastic distance which was the principle drawback of Direct Current on the time.
A.C. CIRCUITS TOPIC
- Introduction Of AC Circuits In Electrical Engineering
- How emf is induced in single phase system ? single phase generation .
- Explain what is ac quantity : and Advantages of AC over DC in circuits
- What is waveform, amplitude, cycle, time-period, phase & phase difference
- Define RMS & average value as applied to A.C. voltage & current
- What is form factor? crest factor? peak factor? & power factor? in ac circuits
- what is phasor diagram, phasor algebra, leading & lagging ac quantities
- Phasor representation of alternating quantities – resistive, inductive, capacitive
- What is R-L-C series connection for A.C. circuit ? Explanation
- What is series combination of R-L circuit ? Explanation
- Define what is active power, reactive power, apparent power & power factor
- Explain what is series combination of R-C circuit in electrical engineering
- What is simple parallel AC circuits ? Explanation -electrical engineering
- Resonance as applicable to simple RLC series circuit? effect on circuit performance
- Explain three phase generation of voltage ? electrical engineering
- Explain in detail about what is star and delta three phase system ?
- Relation between phase voltage & line voltage in case of balanced star connected load
- relationship between line current & phase current for delta connected 3 load
- Relation between power consumed in a balanced star & delta connection