State and explain ac quantity : and Advantages of AC over DC
An electrical quantity that changes its polarity at regular intervals of time and has a zero average value over one cycle is called the alternating quantity. It may be a voltage, current or power, Normally it is abbreviated as a.c. quantity. Alternating quantities can be of many types viz, sinusoidal, cosine, square, rectangular, triangular, complex etc., show in fig. below Mathematical expression of sinusoidal a.c. voltage in given by
Advantages of AC over DC
- It is possible to use a transformer.
- Distribution efficiency is high.
- Generation is easy.
- Design of a.c. machine is easy.
- Installation is less costly.
A.C. CIRCUITS TOPIC
- Introduction Of AC Circuits In Electrical Engineering
- How emf is induced in single phase system ? single phase generation .
- Explain what is ac quantity : and Advantages of AC over DC in circuits
- What is waveform, amplitude, cycle, time-period, phase & phase difference
- Define RMS & average value as applied to A.C. voltage & current
- What is form factor? crest factor? peak factor? & power factor? in ac circuits
- what is phasor diagram, phasor algebra, leading & lagging ac quantities
- Phasor representation of alternating quantities – resistive, inductive, capacitive
- What is R-L-C series connection for A.C. circuit ? Explanation
- What is series combination of R-L circuit ? Explanation
- Define what is active power, reactive power, apparent power & power factor
- Explain what is series combination of R-C circuit in electrical engineering
- What is simple parallel AC circuits ? Explanation -electrical engineering
- Resonance as applicable to simple RLC series circuit? effect on circuit performance
- Explain three phase generation of voltage ? electrical engineering
- Explain in detail about what is star and delta three phase system ?
- Relation between phase voltage & line voltage in case of balanced star connected load
- relationship between line current & phase current for delta connected 3 load
- Relation between power consumed in a balanced star & delta connection