what is waveform, amplitude, cycle, time-period, phase & phase difference in AC circuits of electrical engineering “EEE”.
The graphical representation of alternating quantities with respect to time is known as waveform or waveshape.
The maximum value, positive or negative, of an alternating quantity in half cycle is known as its amplitude. It is
One complete set of positive and negative values of alternating quantity is known as a cycle.
Time required 10 complete one cycle is called time-period. T= 1/f
Unit of time is second i.e. T = second/cycle
It is part of time-period after the alternating quantity passed through zero position or it is phase angle position of quantity.
If two alternating quantities do not reach their zero value in the same direction simultaneously then they have phase difference. The difference of phase angle between two quantities on the same reference axis is known as phase difference.
A.C. CIRCUITS TOPIC
- Introduction Of AC Circuits In Electrical Engineering
- How emf is induced in single phase system ? single phase generation .
- Explain what is ac quantity : and Advantages of AC over DC in circuits
- What is waveform, amplitude, cycle, time-period, phase & phase difference
- Define RMS & average value as applied to A.C. voltage & current
- What is form factor? crest factor? peak factor? & power factor? in ac circuits
- what is phasor diagram, phasor algebra, leading & lagging ac quantities
- Phasor representation of alternating quantities – resistive, inductive, capacitive
- What is R-L-C series connection for A.C. circuit ? Explanation
- What is series combination of R-L circuit ? Explanation
- Define what is active power, reactive power, apparent power & power factor
- Explain what is series combination of R-C circuit in electrical engineering
- What is simple parallel AC circuits ? Explanation -electrical engineering
- Resonance as applicable to simple RLC series circuit? effect on circuit performance
- Explain three phase generation of voltage ? electrical engineering
- Explain in detail about what is star and delta three phase system ?
- Relation between phase voltage & line voltage in case of balanced star connected load
- relationship between line current & phase current for delta connected 3 load
- Relation between power consumed in a balanced star & delta connection